2011-02-11

R Launcher and R Launcher Pro v1.0 released

R Launcher is a easy task switcher widget.
This is a recent apps launcher and switcher.

Android has a built-in function, when you press Home key,
you can see a dialog box that displays the several recent applications and allows you to switch to one of them.

R Launcher widget displays the recent applications' icon on the home screen.
You can click those icons to switch to other apps, easy and fast.

Features:
- Display the recent apps on the home screen
- Widget size: 4x1
- Number of apps:
  - Free version: display the last 4 or 5 applications
  - Pro version: up to 15 applications
- Show/hide items name
- Set background transparency
- According to icon size to adjust the background height


* Note:
- If you use task killer, put R Launcher in the IGNORE list.
- If R Launcher is killed by task killer, click the "settings" button of the widget to enable it again.


How to use this widget?
1.Press <Home> key to go back home screen
2.Press <Menu> key
3.Click <Add>
4.Click <Widgets>
5.Click <R Launcher> / <R Launcher Pro>

Screenshots:



8 comments:

  1. Looks good but any way to get hi-resolution icons? Is that in the Pro version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this version(v1.0), it is no way to keep the original icon size. R Launcher scales icon size to fit row, column and screen size. Pro version and free version is the same.
    But maybe it is possible to keep the original icon size under some conditions. I will think about this possibility in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good work. I would like to suggest to add an application mode to launch the second item of the list. It could be used for example in combination with ADW to quickly switch between two applications with home double tap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. Based on the initial planning, this is a home screen widget. The widget shows information to the home screen only. I have no plans to expand its functionality as a standalone apps manager application now. However, if I do this, I will consider your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how stock Android should have been. No need to think between press once or long press home key. Everything, the shortcuts, widgets, recent apps should be in one place -- the home screen. R Launcher is very simple but very very usable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. though I wish it's more deeply integrated into the system because the thought of it being task ended is a turn-off. But poster above is right. The homescreen is the only place to go with R Launcher. That leaves the hold-menu useless now. Hold-menu should better serve re-mapped to switch to previous app immediately. For instance I'm in a browser. I press home key to check the homescreen. Then i hold-menu key to go back to browser. Nice complement with R Launcher isnt it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Requests:

    1) An option for application position to be persistent through reboots

    2) An option for application position to be based on number of launches rather than time stamp

    3) An option for a list of applications to be locked into the recent task list

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I'm still enjoying "R launcher" so far :)

    But most of the time, I only need to go back to the previous app and It only needs one icon. Sadly, "R Launcher" is only available as widget so I can't assign it on the HomeScreen dock. On the dock, the icon is always visible whereever page on the HomeScreen and it's closest to the bottom.

    Suggestion Summary: A simple icon that takes me to previous app when tapped that is not Widget.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete